The Coffee Break Italian Magazine is a 10-episode series for intermediate to advanced learners of Italian. Presented by native speakers Francesca, Silvia and teacher Mark, each episode will present cultural topics and grammar study in an enjoyable way, allowing you to build your vocabulary and increase your range of expression. It is recommended that learners complete at least Coffee Break Italian Season 1 and Season 2 before taking this course. Each episode has two sections:
- Study of a text: Silvia reads a text on a cultural topic and then together Mark and Francesca discuss the language in this text, focusing on interesting points of vocabulary and grammar;
- Closing section: to end the episode, Silvia presents an additional piece of interesting vocabulary or an idiomatic expression which will help you sound more like a native speaker.
The audio episodes for this course are available as free podcasts on the Coffee Break Languages website. The premium course includes three exclusive elements for each lesson:
- Full transcript and notes: throughout the episodes Mark and Francesca speak in a combination of Italian and English. Every word of Italian, either in the text or in the natural discussion between the presenters, is provided in the transcript. The transcript also provides notes on vocabulary or further explanations of what is covered in the lesson.
- Vocabulary list: we've listed all the key words covered in each episode in a handy document presented alphabetically in English > Italian and Italian > English to help you test yourself on what you know already and what you've learned in each episode.
- Exercises: check your understanding of the various grammar points covered in each lesson with our exercises. We've also provided an answer key to help you check your work.
Please note that this is an on-going publication with episodes published every two weeks between 28 April and 1 September 2022. This means that if you decide to purchase the course you will get immediate access to the lessons which have been published at the time of purchase. All subsequent lessons in the 10-episode series will be made available on the date listed in the schedule.
The Coffee Break Italian team includes language teachers, native speakers and host learners, making your experience learning a language fun and enjoyable. You can be sure every course has been carefully written by experienced teachers to ensure you progress steadily through the lessons.