James has been summoned to Paris by his friend Max under mysterious circumstances. In this course for advanced learners from Coffee Break French, you'll follow a trail of intrigue and discover that la vérité éclate toujours - that the truth will out!
The complete story features forty chapters. Through the lessons, as an advanced learner, you will be able to build your vocabulary and put your comprehension skills to the test, while following an engaging story. La Vérité éclate toujours lets you travel with James and other characters he meets along the way, as they race against time through various European cities, gathering clues and evidence to uncover the truth and help a friend in need.
How this course works
Each chapter of the story features a number of elements which will help you understand the text, and build on the language featured in order to use the expressions and grammatical constructions in your own speaking and writing.
- Main audio episode - featuring the text of the chapter read by our narrator, Pierre-Benoît, or a dialogue read by the characters of the story. The audio episode also features a short discussion between Mark and Pierre-Benoît in English and French about the events of the chapter.
- Text - follow the text of the chapter as you read. This version of the text has no notes, so you can test yourself on your understanding.
- Annotated text - we also provide a version of the text with comprehensive notes to help you understand tricky aspects of the language.
- Language Study audio episodes - Mark and Pierre-Benoît break down the entire text and translate each sentence, discussing the language used and providing further examples.
- Vocabulary lists - to help you test yourself on new vocabulary we provide vocabulary lists for each chapter.
- Review chapter audio - just the text of the chapter, so you can build up your own audio book version of the story over time.
- Review chapter video - a video version of the chapter which will allow you to follow the text as you hear it read.
In between each lesson, you'll also get access to the Atelier Linguistique. In this innovative audio recording, you'll join Mark and advanced learner Ava as they look more closely at a selection of the expressions and grammar points included in each chapter. This will help you reuse these expressions and build them into your own speaking and writing.
The Coffee Break French team includes language teachers, native speakers and host learners, making your experience learning a language fun and enjoyable. You can be sure every course has been carefully written by experienced teachers to ensure you progress steadily through the lessons.