Introduce your son or daughter to the French language: join learner Emma and native French speaker Mathilde in this innovative video and audio resource created especially for younger learners.
About the course
High Five French is a course aimed at younger learners of French. It features lively and enjoyable video and audio materials, activity sheets and challenges to encourage children to develop their confidence in speaking and understanding French. Through the short video lessons and audio podcasts, your child will be introduced to the French language and build his or her comprehension gradually through the carefully designed course.
The course features forty lessons covering a range of common topics and language structures such as greetings, names, numbers, birthdays, days of the week, family, directions, clothes, likes and dislikes, sports, food and much more. Your child will learn to use French words and phrases by following Emma and Mathilde in the lessons.
Each lesson contains:
Video episodeThe video episodes are the main focus of each lesson. In the videos, Emma and Mathilde present the language, encouraging your child to try to repeat the words and phrases. The video episodes are around just four or five minutes long, so your child can watch them over and over again, consolidating the language all the time.
The Radio ShowIn addition to the video episode, we’ve also included an audio podcast which gives your child the chance to practise the words and phrases covered in the video lessons further. The Radio Show also features a musical review and bonus words and phrases.
Activity SheetsThe Activity Sheets provide written exercises in the form of puzzles, games and matching activities. The sheets have been designed in line with the rest of the series and are colourful and enjoyable to complete.
Notes for parentsEach lesson comes with notes for parents which include detailed explanations of all the words and phrases featured in the lessons, close-up notes on the patterns and any grammar points included, and everything you need to help your child learn the language.
The complete course:
- Bonjour - learn greetings
- Comment t'appelles-tu? - introducing yourself
- Comment ça va? - asking people "how are you" and answering this question
- Quel âge as-tu? - taking about ages and numbers up to 12
- Les Nombres - numbers beyond 12
- L'alphabet - using the alphabet and spelling in French
- Les Couleurs - learning the colours in French
- Les Fruits - learning about fruits in French
- Le Jardin - talking about the garden in French
- À Paris - Mathilde takes a trip to Paris
- Les Anniversaires - talking about birthdays
- La Famille - talking about family
- Où habites-tu? - talking about where you live
- Les jours de la semaine - learning the days of the week
- J'aime le français - talking about likes and dislikes
- L'Office de Tourisme - visiting the Tourist Information Office
- Au café - join Mathilde in the café
- La Cuisine - join Mathilde in the kitchen
- Les Glaces - buying ice-cream
- La Boutique - going shopping in French
- Les Animaux - talking about pets and animals
- Quelle heure est-il? - telling the time in French
- Au Restaurant - join Emma and Mathilde in a restaurant
- Merci beaucoup - being polite in French
- En Ville - learn about places in the town
- Les Pays - learn the names of countries in French
- Quel temps fait-il? - talking about the weather in French
- Le Visage - learn the words for parts of your face
- J'ai faim - talking about food in French
- Au supermarché - join Mathilde in the supermarket
- Où est le cinéma? - asking for directions
- Les Vêtements - talking about clothes
- Les Sports - talking about sport
- Je parle français - talking about which languages you speak
- C'est trop cool - cool French
- Le Corps - parts of the body in French
- La Salle de bains - bathroom vocabulary in French
- L'Aire de jeux - join Mathilde in a play park
- Je fans mes devoirs - school vocabulary
- À la plage - join Mathilde at the beach
Try it for yourself!
You'll notice that in the Course Outline below you can preview all the elements of lesson one, so you can try the course with your children!
The team at Radio Lingua includes language teachers, native speakers and host learners, making your experience learning a language fun and enjoyable. You can be sure that every course has been carefully written by experienced teachers to ensure you progress steadily through the lessons.